Won't sit still

I want an adventure

Do you hear me? I want an adventure.
Not one that can be drawn on a map
the kind where you lose the feather in your hat

I want an adventure that goes off the paper
Out of the mind
Into the dark
out from the depths
into the steps
of something unseen

I want an adventure

One that draws me to my knees
where I stare into risk
and laugh humbly
because its what I welcome
cause I thrive when a stale life leaves

I want to hunt down my adventure
capture it by surprise
have it guide me
by every starting sunrise

I want to shatter the norm
I want to run to escaping
I want to dance with the wind
only if it leads me to adventure

I want adventure
I want to sharpen my stick with a knife
And then chase after animals
Like I had intentions

I want to have a piece of buckwheat out of my mouth
at all times

I want venture into every hazard
I want to take chances
that eventually turns into songs
that I write
about how I met my love

I want to gamble through my possessions
so one day ill have nothing to remind me of what life should look like
What a girl should have
to appeal to herself

I want to risk it all on the wrong thing
I want to lay my head on a pillow because my body requires me to slow down
I want to pass out of excitement
and then wake up and drink coffee
to quicken my ticks

I want to pretend that the stars were made for me
That God forgot to turn off the lights
so I use them as a compass
as I close one eye
point to the sky
and pick a direction to wander

I want an adventure

I want an encounter with something
to where i've never had to run faster
to save my life

I want to force a hug on something

I want to happen
to someone

I want to pretend to be ok
then break down slowly
as I exit a room

I want to float somewhere
hypothetically
silly

I want to have a snowflake fall on my nose
and leave it there for...
ever.

I want to embark on someone elses adventure
and run along with them
for a while

I want adventure

I want to hurt so bad I want to die
I want to laugh so hard I cry
I want to be so scared that I forget to breath
I want to work so hard that I give up
I want to be so deep in pleasure I scream
I want to cry so hard that I forget where I am

I want to feel it all

I want the freedom
to be right
and wrong
and stupid
and awkward
and loved

I want to feel God most on the beach
I want a daisy to bring me to tears
I want a meadow to overwhelm me with the invitation to run

I want to hug someone through the night
I want to make a necklace of teeth
I want holding hands to become irresistible
I want to make sure a frog cant become a prince

I want to make my own wine
drink the whole bottle
and laugh because im happy
that I feel no different

I want to inspire a painting
Take too many baths
and never take myself too serious

I want to age
but not get old
I want to ache
but from the heart

I want God to be my Man
that brings me home
the only man I will ever follow
when I don't see where I am going

I want to feel invincible
hurt
and then feel vincible again

I want to create a voice that no one saw coming
I want life to remember me

I want an adventure
Do you hear me?
I want an adventure.

Comments

Anonymous said…
your amazing amazing amazing ANNA!!!
Claire said…
Anna, i'm a British student and i'm going to study English in university next year, but i have this safe option of either doing that here (which is sensible and affordable), or doing half of it in America, or Canada, and having an adventure...

For years i wasn't the type who'd dare to dream of university let alone study abroad, but on a whim decided i am going to DO university and do it hard...

WELL, your blog, which i just stumbled upon while thinking of whether to play it safe or be reckless and go abroad in 2014, is going to make me choose the latter with a knife strapped to my thigh. So, thanks!

Up the importance of independent ladies with hearts of virgins and minds of whores, sister x

Look out for the British chick in the US who gets arrested in 2014 brandishing a knife and howling at university
Courtney Marie said…
I love you, Anna. You are, always have been, and always will be an adventure, my dear. You're wonderful!!! xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye my brother

Matramony manic

uh uh uh, not so fast