Free me

This blog will be a little lighter than that recent ones, I hope. It is just my thoughts, struggles, and learning process of debt.

First off, I think that credit, loans, and finances is something they should def teach in depth in highschool. It was not taught when I went, not that I know of anyway, and it has affected my life in a negative way. Now I am not going to act like this wasn't TOTALLY my fault and I should have been the one to educate myself on this, but at the naive age of 18 that didn't sound too fun. So my point being in this paragraph is there should be better education on finances.

Alright, here we go. So when I was 18 I was given a credit card with about a 700 dollar limit. So my parents said "here, this will help you build your credit" and so I thought ooooo spending money will help me in some way. Well lets see, 4 years of that later and now being hit with actually making the payments I am a little freaked and frustrated. I have been paying off my ignorance for quite some time now. After realizing what interest and late payments are I am quite knowledgeable of what it is now. This debt has control my emotions for a too long. Not knowing if I can make my payment, watching my money that I have worked hard for go down the drain and not even make a dent on what I actually spent because of interest its been emotionally draining. I hate feeling like I am tied to this world in some way. I want my bond to this world to end, it has taken away my freedom to just pack up and do what I want. It has kept me from really trusting God with everything (I am currently working through that) because I thought "Why trust God to fix something that I did?" But God is showing me He will love me through my mistakes. Well I will get to my point now. I was stressing out last week about my payments and my mom asked me "Have you asked God to help provide paying off your debt?" and I thought "Oh my gosh no" I don't know why I havent fully laid this at His feet and to show me His will in it all. I haven't asked God to help me break my bondage with this world (which I don't see Him not helping me with) So that is something I have recently invited into my prayers, the wisdom of how to get myself out of this. I mean I am not that much in debt, but enough to have it control my decisions.

Well as I have been praying for all of this I got a Bible verse today in Malachi that was so beautiful. I love reading Gods' promises to me. In one part of it it says;

"“I the LORD do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. 7 Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,” says the LORD Almighty.

“But you ask, ‘How are we to return?’

8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.

“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’

“In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the LORD Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the LORD Almighty."

wow. God you are so faithful in showing up and showing me where I need to serve you. I am so ready for you to open heavens and let the floodgates flow, I will find room I promise! haha. God thank you for walking me through what it looks like to be free from this world and to be able to follow you wherever you lead me without the worry of debt. Lord help me keep my eyes open to the opportunities to pay off this debt, the wisdom to save my money, the work ethic to earn my money and the spirit to know that it is all Yours. All glory to you God. Thank you for your ever faithfulness.

In this I seal these beliefs of mine.

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye my brother

Matramony manic

uh uh uh, not so fast