Slowly but surely

So seems that my life has been a rollercoaster of faith.
I try to keep sight of God and his work in and out of my life. I can surely celebrate the moments that I see his reward but the moments where I don't see sight of work soon is surely discouraging. And God, I do not resent you for your movement, whether I think its slower than I anticipated. I find progression to be a test in patience. Some days I feel as if I am no closer to my goals, now that may be a lie straight from the whispers of the devil. But its the day by day and wondering if God still has his thumb print in my life and if I am reflecting his work.

Chelsea is moving home at the beginning of next month and boy does that just rip a wound right open. She's my best friend and when I followed God's confirmation for us to move in together He really knew what He was doing. But did I know what I was doing? Because I am such a relational person and could spend my days surrounded by people and go to sleep feeling full filled, but I never thought that maybe that is not Gods plan. When she told me she was moving it shook my foundation. My crutch, my safe haven, my primary fun source is now leaving? Why? What did I do wrong? (Codependent) But God gives and takes from me as He wills. Maybe what I need right now is just me. Me and God. And when I come home I need look forward to finding out more about myself. If the things I love are not in immediate grasp then maybe I need to find the other things I love, the things that I do not yet love. That have been hidden behind comfort and all that I know. It will be hard, and there will be tears. Tears of joy for Chelsea to learn more about herself and truly get what she needs and find happiness, but tears of fear of where will I be now? In this big city alone. With a passion that can easily be dulled by relying on others. God show up for me this week. Show up for me next week. Show up for me next month. Be there when I am alone, be there when I am scared, be there when I want to give up and be there when I feel I cannot be any happier. Let me reflect the strength you give me.

Comments

Ronda Laveen said…
I had lunch with Chelsea's mom last Tuesday and she told me she wanted to move home. I was worried about what would happen to you, but when I saw your mom yesterday, she said someone else was moving in so you would be able to stay.

Sad though it is, your opportunities are expanding!

Love,
r

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye my brother

Matramony manic

uh uh uh, not so fast