Travel Well

Its quite funny how things are revealed to you when you get a bit older. Or even worse, you realize what a shit head you were when you were younger. Take my trip to Australia and New Zealand for instance. I visited there when I was 16 on a school trip with my drama class. We went EVERYWHERE. Could I list all the cities? No. I just didnt know at the time what an amazing opportunity it was to travel for 15 days. I just looked at it as a fun trip with my drama friends. Now looking back I think what an idiot I was to not take time to really soak in the cities. But I didn't know any better I suppose. 

Now when I travel I truely soak it all up. I wake up earlier than I normally do just to get a head start on the day. I dress up so the city can see the best of me, I drink my coffee slower, I walk slower (well depending on the city), and I literally stop to smell the flowers. Then you go home.

Something I have noticed about my recent travels is that it gives me perspective. It helps me take a look at my current situation and ask myself "are you happy?" Do you want to leave it all and move here? What are you going home to? Are you excited about it? 

Depressing right? Well I guess it depends on your answer..... 

I just want to change the world. Is that so much to ask?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye my brother

Matramony manic

uh uh uh, not so fast