What Are You Looking For?

Do you see it?


Look closely..... what do you see?

You see her shoes (well I see her shoes), the road shes on, the background, oh it looks like the silver car is driving the wrong way, maybe one of the store signs is a cuss word, maybe there is someone jumping from one of the buildings, etc. Did you find it?

Often times I have these girls come and confide in me about their relationships. I don't really know why, i've only been in one relationship, I wouldn't consider myself an expert. The thing I hear most often is this hope that whatever relationship they are currently in or beginning will work out. 

"I mean yea he smokes but it doesn't bother me that much, he doesn't really do it around me"

"Hes not really into texting, hes a lot better in person"

"He doesn't really like talking about the future, he likes to live day to day"

"but hes good in bed"

Sometimes we are so desperate to see something good, pure, astounding, exciting, desirable, fascinating, lovely, that we miss what is directly in front of us.

I often ask "is that what you want?" because honestly, life is too short to try and change someone into the person you want. Not to mention, completely exhausting. But there is this obsession or almost desperateness to have this person be the one. Be the one that is finally going to sweep them away like the movies. That somewhere, hidding behind the lack of interest or behind the bad habits, there lies this price charming. That they need convinced that we are enough to give attention to, that we are enough for them to want to change to be our person. But the reality is... hes just not your person, and thats ok. 

I am not saying that any of the things above are horrible things to be, but if you want different, then move on. Move forward. Don't be mad that they aren't want you want, apprecaite them for who they are but also appreciate the fact that you want something different. I am also not saying to not give anyone a chance. Some people can open up and reveal great things the longer you spend time with them, but until then, take them as they are, right then and there.

If you want a blue car then don't get in a red one and check to see if there are any signs of blue.

Stop looking past what is right in front of you. Don't give your heart away, your time, your feelings, your thoughts, your sanity. Stop making every man the "one". Its not fair to you, and quite frankly, not fair to him either. 

Now let me ask you again..... what do you see?


Cause all I see is a girl walking. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye my brother

Matramony manic

uh uh uh, not so fast