The fear

The fear that takes you,
shakes you awake from your sleep,
even though I pray Lord my soul to keep.

The fear that stops you dead in your tracts,
believing all that your talents lacks.

The fear that will spin you with your eyes wide open,
watchin life pass by,
as you try to fall around the ground to find some balance.

The fear that shows you the warnings of love,
not sure whether to push or to shove,
me back into that place with You.

Sanity,
Safety,
Give me these things that I know,
these familiar things I once had,
before I had a dream.

The dream to be great,
to live for a purpose,
the dream to speak your wisdom,
to step on stage with no nervousness.

The fear inviting itself,
flaunting itself,
forcing its presence into my dreams.
leaving me wondering "what does this mean?"

Thrown and thrashed,
kicked and assaulted.
Bruised and battered
chopped into pieces.

But with the power of the fear,
and the strength of its forces,
ill still walk on
ill still keep my courses.

With God as my witness,
and also as my shield,
i'll walk right in to that fear infested battle field.

Im not saying I wont whimper,
or go without crying,
but how can I praise God,
if im not even trying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye my brother

Matramony manic

uh uh uh, not so fast