Now I ask

You have made the rain fall
and pulled the rainbow from the ground
now mend this broken heart

You have set lives free
you have made nations roar
now hold my broken soul

You have spoken using objects
you have whispered hope to generations
now carry me to safety

You have healed the diseased
you have made the blind see
now help my hopeless thoughts

You have moved mountains
flung stars from your fingertips
now stampede me with your love

You have traveled countless miles by foot
you have walked on water
now walk me through despair

You have fed the homeless
you have befriended the outcasts
now catch these tears

You have made food from flesh
you have made wine from your blood
now shine on me with grace

You have warmed the hearts of murderers
you have set slaves free
now show me you love me

You have been nailed to a cross
you have been whipped within breaths of your life
now numb my pain

You have loved the loveless
you have given life to the dead
now show me life again

I pray upon your power
that you have proven to me
that you take close care
of the ones dearest to me.

Follow them where they go
even if its to death itself
but what I pray most
is you nurse them back to health

Now tell me im fine
that ill make it out ok
so I can start loving unconditionally
starting today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Goodbye my brother

Matramony manic

uh uh uh, not so fast